- An Australian Family Member Visa is available to a Thai citizen who has a family member with Australian citizenship or Australian permanent residency.
- An Australian Family Member Visa enables the holder to reside in Australia with their family as a permanent resident. The visa must be sponsored by the family member living in Australia.
Types of Australia Family Visa:
The applicants may apply for the following types of visa:
Aged Dependent Relative visa
An Aged Dependent Visa is designed for applicants who are neither married nor formally separated. The applicants should be dependents of an Australian citizen, Australian permanent resident or eligible New Zealand citizen and must be old enough to be granted an old age pension under the Social Security Act 1991.
Remaining Relative visa
This type of visa is for applicants, who are children or siblings of an Australian citizen, Australian Permanent resident or eligible New Zealand citizen, and have no other parent or sibling residing outside Australia.
This type of visa is for applicants who have close relatives residing in Australia as Australian citizens, Australian permanent resident or eligible New Zealand citizen, with a medical condition for which Health Services Australia has been issued a medical assessment with a rating of 30.
The family in Australia must submit the application together with support documents and application fees. The applicant in Bangkok must go to the VFS Bangkok in person to submit application documents which will be transferred to the Australian embassy for evaluation. This process may take 3 to 4 months to be completed. The applicant must:
- Complete the necessary application forms and provide all required documents
- Pass the health clearance
- Pass the character clearance
The sponsor must provide:
- Letter confirming that they will provide financial support and accommodation for the applicant in the first 2 years
- Evidence that they have sufficient financial support for the applicant and any family members accompanying the applicant without recourse to public funds for 2 years
Australia Visa Express Services:
Australia Visa Express staff will provide you with comprehensive support and guidance to ensure that the visa application process goes smoothly, and may include (but not limited to) the following:
- Consultation with our Immigration Specialist to provide you with clear and logical advice about the application process and confirmation that the applicant is eligible for a Australia Family
- Full review of the visitors personal, financial & employment history, and a comprehensive checklist of required documents for the applicant and the sponsor.
- Assistance with preparation of application forms and supporting documents required for the Australia Family
- Filing of the completed application package. Submission of your visa application to the proper government agencies. (Note: Australia Visa Express Service Fee does not include embassy or government fees).
- Careful arrangement of all correspondence with government agencies
- Expert advice on how to handle the consular interview
- Unlimited assistance over the phone with our Visa specialists
- Access to consultation with Lawyers with specific expertise depending on the needs of each case.
- Communication with the processing administrators on behalf of the applicant.
- Proper preparation for the telephone interview if required.
- If necessary, assistance with obtaining police clearance report or medical examination.
- Please keep copies of all application forms and support documents, and take clear notes of specific questions that you are asked and the answers that you give. This will give Australia Visa Express what we need to assist you in case your application is rejected.
- The advice of an immigration consultant to obtain your entry clearance will save you significant time and cost, compared with the cost of a solicitor to help overturn the refusal of a Australia Visa for a Thai national.
- Before you start, we recommend that you should speak with one of Australia Visa Express Immigration Specialists, or request further information about Australia Visa applications for Thai nationals.